Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
JJ MARSHALL

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEM

JJ MARSHALL
findly finish i hope with the electic lift after modifing the mounted bracket.i got enough clearing .when i first put it on the 416 the screws in the flywheel screen would hit the bottom of lift. about 6 years ago i took out the kohler and replaced it with a twin cly B&S.i did not plan installing a electic lift later.put deck back under tractor.and gas up getting ready to mow. i got about half of front yard and i broke the steering wheel off tractor.after 2 1/2 wrenchs a grinder and a hose clamp.i finished the front.started on the back moving along good with my steering wheel that held togather with a hose clamp.ilook down and notice that the 2 out side pulleys wasn't turning. broken belt.off to napa they don't have one but can have one late afternoon.back home grab all my old belts .just what i need .and old but useable. i findly got back done. grab the weed eatertry to start it seen gas running out of tank. broke fuel line even with top of tank.went and bought new fuel line.i findly gave up for today trying to feed that line through hole will try again tomorrow. DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEM? jj

Salthart
JJ, Cut the end of the line off at a long angle and it will feed easily. Putting a little 2 stroke mix oil helps pulling the line through also...If getting hold of the line is a problem, try punching a hole in the end and tying a wire to it.. Feed the wire through and then pull the fuel line behind it..