Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Nick

Paint on chrome parts

Nick
Well, I stripped the air cleaner cover using fine 00 steel wool and paint stripper. I rubbed the paint off and the only rust I see is in the area where the wing nut goes. Otherwise it's in very good condition for being 39 years old. Next I'm onto the panels that are on the grill support.

Rob-B
Another thing you might try, I use this for everything, is laquer thinner. Pick up a storage tote from your local department store for $5.00 or so and a 5 gallon bucket of thinner for $20.00 at your local auto parts store. Let'em soak for a day. The only effort you should have to put into them will be to pick them up. I also use the same thinner and tote to degrease parts. Works excellant! NO SMOKING THOUGH! Rob