Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front dethatcher, what does it fit?

Chris727

I picked this up out of a scrap pile and best I can figure is it fits some kind of JD rear engine set up?

I had planned on rigging it up to work on one of my tractors but have since got a tow behind ez-rake, so I think its time for this thing to go. It also appears there is a spot for some kind of lift rod or something to attach to which is missing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Chris

I have one for my 21" snapper and this is much larger, its about 32 inches wide.

Yes it mounts to the front of a push mower. I have a snapper one as well. Looks just like yours, just red. If you play with the brackets, you can get it under or in front of a Landlord. Flip the mounts around and it will do the same for a Broadmoor. Works great.

The John Deere dethatcher is 32 inches wide, too wide to be for a regular push mower. Here is a side by side comparison of the Deere to the Snapper dethatcher.

The mounts are different as well.

it fits on the front of the tractor. there is a handle that is missing that lifts and lowers the dethacher. i had one for my old 1650 simplicity. they work real well. tom