Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
John_RI

->Historic Occasion->Please all members respond<-

JBLACK
I think you should hang it on the wall in the corner of youre shop or den. That way you can sneek a glance every now and then and know somethings really are built to last a lifetime! (I TRULY IS A HISTORIC OCCASION!!!! CONGRATS!! JBLACK

JBLACK
I think you should hang it on the wall in the corner of youre shop or den. That way you can sneek a glance every now and then and know somethings really are built to last a lifetime! (IT TRULY IS A HISTORIC OCCASION!!!! CONGRATS!! JBLACK

DoubleT
Ok. I'm convinced. I have found people more nuts than myself. But watch over your shoulders. My wife indicates I may be catching up. :o)

The motion has been floored and seconded. All in favor say aye.

Kent
5-5-99 @ 22:40

Happy Jack,

Any belt that lasted for 26 years must be bronzed,
or gold plated, mounted on a walnut plaque (sp?), and
hung on the wall. Your "old what's her name" will just
have to become accustomed to having a new wall
decoration.

Congratulations on excellent service life from the
belt.

Good luck,
Roy

John_RI
Chuck, The BELT is worn so much that it is a good 1/3 smaller than the new belt. It still was working fine for mowing but I was putting the dozer blade on to do some serious dozing and was worried that it would slip. Tim

Floydster
Sorry Tim, I thought that you once said it was still good. It definitely deserves to be retired with appropriate pomp and circumstance!
I vote for the plaque treatment. Give it a nice shiny coat of polyurethane for easy dusting by the missus........if she hangs around!
Chuck

Floydster
Sorry Tim, I thought that you once said it was still good. It definitely deserves to be retired with appropriate pomp and circumstance!
I vote for the plaque treatment. Give it a nice shiny coat of polyurethane for easy dusting by the missus........if she hangs around!
Chuck