Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

->Historic Occasion->Please all members respond<-

John_RI

Ok, I`ll bite what historic occasion have I missed? Please let me know the suspense is killing me!!! JBLACK

I think you should hang it on the wall in the corner of youre shop or den. That way you can sneek a glance every now and then and know somethings really are built to last a lifetime! (I TRULY IS A HISTORIC OCCASION!!!! CONGRATS!! JBLACK

I think you should hang it on the wall in the corner of youre shop or den. That way you can sneek a glance every now and then and know somethings really are built to last a lifetime! (IT TRULY IS A HISTORIC OCCASION!!!! CONGRATS!! JBLACK

Ok. I'm convinced. I have found people more nuts than myself. But watch over your shoulders. My wife indicates I may be catching up. :o)

The motion has been floored and seconded. All in favor say aye.

5-5-99 @ 22:40

Happy Jack,

Any belt that lasted for 26 years must be bronzed,
or gold plated, mounted on a walnut plaque (sp?), and
hung on the wall. Your "old what's her name" will just
have to become accustomed to having a new wall
decoration.

Congratulations on excellent service life from the
belt.

Good luck,
Roy

ATT. all members a motion is waiting for a second person to respond regarding the Historic Occasion. ->Thanks->jackl<->happyjack<->

If I had a 26-year-old belt, you can bet I'd try to get 35 years out of it. Can't get over the idea of taking it off!!
Cheap Chuck

Chuck, The BELT is worn so much that it is a good 1/3 smaller than the new belt. It still was working fine for mowing but I was putting the dozer blade on to do some serious dozing and was worried that it would slip. Tim

Sorry Tim, I thought that you once said it was still good. It definitely deserves to be retired with appropriate pomp and circumstance!
I vote for the plaque treatment. Give it a nice shiny coat of polyurethane for easy dusting by the missus........if she hangs around!
Chuck

Sorry Tim, I thought that you once said it was still good. It definitely deserves to be retired with appropriate pomp and circumstance!
I vote for the plaque treatment. Give it a nice shiny coat of polyurethane for easy dusting by the missus........if she hangs around!
Chuck