Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity, The Company

Al

Hi, Was just reading the last of the Sovereign comments. We have been a Simplicity dealer for nearly 20 years. We sell a number of brands of equipment and deal with both distributors and manufacturers. Of all of the companies we deal with Simplicity is hands down the best. I have an excellent sales rep. The service people are the tops in the industry, though other companies have good service departments also. When we order parts we get fills on our orders of better thatn 90%. We are polled quarterly about sifferent aspects of dealing with the company and any problems get a response from as high as the president, because they care. They are one of the few companies that are still committed to the servicing dealer instead of moving into the box stores. They want there products sold set up and running and the dealer to show the customer proper maintainance and operating procedures and they ask the customer to sign and check the owners registration card to verify this happens. I have called sbout a couple of improvements and they have acted. They are the most open company we deal with!!! Products: We have a couple of young guys that are mowing about 60 yards using a couple of 3110 Cavalier rear engine riders, about 85 vintage. Far beyond anything they were designed for. We have a couple of customers using Regents to mow commercially units are in their 4 th year. The new Broadmores and Landlords are our best selling mowers, and they outmow any of the competion. Don't sell any of the new tractors short, they are extremely well engineered, user friendly and perform very well. This comes from the tradition that has kept the company growing for over 75 years. The old thoroughbreds will still be mowing grass when it is covering me. With the quantity of these old machines that are out there you should be asssured that parts will be available for a long time yet. Simplicity has been outstanding in parts support for old units, compared to many of the companies we deal with. I can only say from my prospective to Simplicity you have blazed the trail, LEAD ON. My 2 cents worth and its free, Al

I know they make even in thier cheaper line a wonderful product.However people today do not use that fact when shopping for a mower.THEY GO FOR PRICE not quality.I have been selling used mowers mostly Sims. for over 20 yrs. and that is what I am seeing here in NY anyway.THey want something cheap AND the HD's of the world just encourage that kind of mindset.Now in 1 wk. we will have a Lowe's here to whittle down the tractor market even more.If you live where there not HD and lowe's then you don't see the effect it has on folks buying equipment.This for sure dosen't bode well for Sim. as they will have to link up with one of these people to market their products ala JD has done with HD.We have a JD dealer just down the road from the HD where they sell JD made Scotts mowers!Looks like this is the wave of the future.Just my opinion of course! dlc

I had to swallow my pride once, and borrow my neighbor's MTD, when my Regent was in the shop for over a week. I can't believe people would put up with that low of quality. They obviously thought all tractors were the same, and never compared anything but price. If I'm ever in that situation again, I'll go farther down the road, where I can borrow a Simplicity.

I have to agree with everything previously stated! Simplicity makes a mighty fine product, I just wish that we would get a dealer out in this neck of the woods! The only Sim Dealer that I can find out here in my part of Washington; is a dealer in name only! He has NO PARTS on hand; although he does have a Really Neat Simplicity clock on his wall. His complete show room and yard is chock full of (dread the thought!) green and yellow tractors! Thank God that I have internet capabilities, and found this club! Without the club and the FINE members and officers of it; I still wouldn't know anything about my Dad's 7016, that I recieved when he passed away! Yes, I do have one of those Junk tractors to mow the lawn with, and I know that it's a throw away tractor; but I bought it, (like many other junk tractor owners) because I didn't know any better; and of course I didn't have the Sim back then! Simplicity, just keep up the good work and keep making your fine product! We as members should be spreading the word about them every day! That's my nickles worth! Dick

I agree with Dave. I have seen the same thing happening in my area. Neighbors are buying Murrays, Sabres and the like because they are less expensive than the heavier duty garden tractors. I believe the garden tractors are being replaced by the lawn tractors because people just need it to mow their 1/3 acre of grass. The days of having every attachment for doing numerous things around the yard are gone for the majority. There is nothing wrong with people buying these less than perfect mowers, but I would like to see the day that a Sabre or Murray, etc. will be mowing when it is 30-40 years old. I also agree that Simplicity provides an exceptional product, however I hope they never let us guys down by not providing us parts and information for our fine garden tractors. Mike "mowing and gardening with a 34 year old Simplicity" in Wisconsin

I agree with all of you. I have many Simplicity garden tractors and wouldn't trade one of them for the cheap stuff. I do have one objection, though, that the engines in this newer stuff are good for certain projects.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a 97 sovereign and a 78 regent both are wonderful machine s I got the 78 regent 4111 from my brother who is not mechanicly inclined at all so when the regent started leaking oil He decided to buy a new machine I told to stay with simplicity but he went with a crafsman for about $1600.00 not a bad machine but not a simplicity I cleaned up the regent and it runs wonderful I expect to run it for another 20 years cant say that will happen with the crafsman> Simplicity is the tractor you will hand down to generations