Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
richp

7014 engine swap

richp
I just picked up a Simp 7014 with a toasted motor. The guy ran it without oil and parked in his shed since the mid 80's. Will a 12 horse briggs out of an older 3112h fit in this thing? I know the style of starter is different. Any tips welcome. (i am going to rebuild the 14 hp briggs if it aint too bad.

HubbardRA
I currently have a 10 Hp B/S from another brand tractor on my AC716H which came with a Kohler. Took a little grinding for the oil drain, but it fits good now.

richp
Greg, I am confused. The link you left even says 14 hp. I would love it too be 16hp. Another question is are the electric lift models any good? I had the old hydraulic lift on the 3112.

gregc
Rich, That chart says 14 hp but it is wrong. The engine model number tells the story. The 14 hp Briggs cast iron engines are model series 320400. 15 hp are 325400 series. The 16 hp are 326400 series. Like I said before, If that was the original engine in your tractor it should be the 16 hp, model no. 326437. I also have a 7014S tractor with the original 16 hp engine in it. Hope this helps you. Maybe Kent could change this chart to 16 hp for the 7014S and 7114S tractors. http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/engine/baron.htm

rs07
About 2 years ago I took a 16HP Briggs with starter generator system out of a Homelite T-16H tractor and put it in an Allis-Chalmers 912H. Engine fit right in with no problems. I only had to change the wiring harness.