Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Project up from the Barn, My first Simplicity

ambler

I know I've been kind of quiet, just licking my wounds, but I have been active on my fleet. I just towed this early 7117H up from the barn. Note the 18hp briggs in there. I bought this after trying to do the mowing with a dynamark. What a difference.

I started having troubles and I parked it. I bought a 18hp magnum from Dan and its going in this summer. Here's most of the working fleet. I should have hung Dutch's and John's grader blade.

Deutz Allis 1920 Simplicity 7119H with 20hp magnum 7112H electric lift and tiller 712 shuttle The tiller came from the daddy cat and has new bearings etc. Kirk also picked up the 48" deck on the 7119. The PTO driven vacs are wonderful. I have a few more projects in the barn.

Thanks Joe, My youngest daughter loves the shuttle, but I'm getting partial to the ultima with its power steering, its very civilized. This is part of the back yard, paddock and the two fields I keep mowed. The mountains in the background are where Camp David is. We still havent been ruined here yet.

I call the tractor time, tractor therapy. I thought the 20 horse sovereign I had was a beast but the ultima (sunstar) beats it. I I mow in low range, hi range is scary. Is the hydro supposed to ride up to full speed? I cleaned the 7117H and inspected it. The hydro is old style, under the frame. I feel pretty confident about the repower from my membership here.

Ambler If you thought the Sovereign was a beast and the (Sunstar) Ultima beats it. You should get your hands on a 7790/920. You would think it was SUPER BEAST. I was going to trade my 7790 for a new 20hp Sunstar. I had the Sunstar for 2 or 3 weeks trying it and sure am glad I just didn't go out and trade with out trying it. The power steering was nice but when the 20Hp Sunstar was running out of power with the two stage blower the 18½hp 7790 with single stage blower was just getting down to work. I didn't like replacing shear pins on the Sunstar 2 stage every time it picked up a small stone either. I never mowed with it nor have I mowed with the 7790 so I can't compare them there but my HB-212 has plenty of power to mow with. As far as pulling the 7790 will lose traction before you stall the engine. The 7117H should have a Sundstrand in it not a Vickers. The last tractors with a vickers were 3400 series Simplicity and HB series Allis Chalmers. The Sundstrand started in the 7000 & 700 series. The vickers Hydro lift used a seperat pump mounted behind the motor(old style). The Sundstrand hydro lift was part of the hydrostatic pump (new style).

Maynard, The 7117 is a Sundstrum but the filter is under the frame. The filter is, horrors, a Fram. I remember a leak so I will drain it and replace filter with a Simplicity filter. The Ultima was bought at auction for $1300 with Dozer and three point hitch. I plan on using this as a plow tractor this winter and the 7120H as the blower. Mowing is fine with the ultima, after I replaced deck belt and blades. The deck does tend to clog more than the sovereign deck. I have a Sunstar 20hp coming as a parts tractor, it has 60 inch deck. I would like a diesel, but one hasn't presented itself.