Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
SimpleMan

Engineering flaw. (homemade equipment).

SimpleMan
Spent some time on the Sovereign with my homemade 'scoop-n-dump' attachment. Was moving the 3 year old compost pile, and spreading it into the garden. This being a homemade item (similar to Johnny Bucket), I made a slight miscalculation in one area. The pivot point of the bucket is too far back on the frame, and the bucket won't roll far enough to dump everything out cleanly. As long as I'm hauling dry material, it is no problem, but wet sticky material needs a little extra help as the last little bit always wants to stat at the bottom of the scoop. How well do the Johnny buckets dump wet material? Does anyone know of a product one can apply to make the bucket more slippery? Thanks Gord PS. If this is not the correct forum...please feel free to move it. Not sure if this is the correct one.

SimpleMan
Thanks for the pic. It's back to the old drawing board for me. Going to alter the hitch so I get better dumping action on mine. I'm close, but not quite there yet. Live and learn.

PGL
There were several winter posts on what people apply to their snowblower chutes to keep wet snow from sticking that might be useful. A search would probably locate them for you.

ehertzfeld
Im in the process of making my own bucket. I got a 8 inch "fully open" dubble acting cylinder out of a Deere. Im toying with the idea of using that to dump the bucket. I acually got it for the lift in my 3310v...but too short. If I dont use it on the bucket Im thinking it will work in the 64 Landlord. Elon