Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

OK..Murphy...It Ain't Funny no more......

SmilinSam

Seems the Eaton pump in the Wheel Horse 520 is now leaking. Grass and dirt built up on the opil and caused it to overheat the other day. Still runs, but I'm afraid its days may be numbered now... Only other running tractor for a back up is the 712S I just got going last week. Got a 48" mower on it today, ironed out the remaining bugs in my New/Old PTO setup, then pumped grease into all the zerks only to watch in horror as the grease began squirting out a 2" crack in the axle tube right next to the differential..... This situation is starting to get serious me thinks....

Maybe you need to speak with Pat about his #13 tractor Sam. Seems it would have to be good luck to you.

Sam, I think myself and the rest of our membership owes you a great debt of graditude for keeping Mr. Murphy occupied :D Although last weekend he must have visited my place briefly. I started to pull the siding back around a leaky window in a small ground level bump out addition the previous owners built. Found lots of rot, and worse many termites and damage }:) Who knows how long it was going on. I did not really plan on replacing a five foot section of wall that weekend but did not really have a choice. Pretty sure I got all the damage, but now I am looking at a $1000 bill to have the entire house treated. Maybe thats my dose of Mr. Murphy for a while, I can still get 2x4's and siding but axle tubes are a little harder to find. GregB

Got my dose of murphy saturday. Almost lost the b-110 to accidental fire. Had Dan helping to change carb when it got bad. Had old carb on fuel line because shutoff didn't work. Dan laid it on top of the tractor sparking the battery and woof. Fire got to be as high as 7 feet because the line kept feeding it. Dan had jurked the carb off the tractor and away but fire kept going By the time we got it out it had cooked a front tire. Tire was flat today when I went back out to install a inline shutoff and a filter. Also rebuilt the replacement carb with a B & S kit. Tractor now starts with out a choke like it did on the first try. Still need a new front tire before the weekend for ashland oh show.

met murphy today he was alot o help around these lawn tractorshe help with these 2 HERE IS BEFORE. [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/mini-mini-wheel horse 005.jpg[/img] AND HERE IS AFTER. JJ [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/mini-mini-wheel horse 005.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/after wheel horse 002.jpg[/img]