Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cwm1276

36" Snowblower

cwm1276
I know it is the middle of summer, I am wondering how well the 36" snowblower does on a 7100 tractor. I know I have the power, but I know the tractor is nearly that wide, does it cause any problems manuvering I know my dad with at AC716 and 42" blower you can move around a little in your track you just made.

Kent
The first pass with a 36" blower can be a little tricky in deep snow. The tractor will follow the snowblower's cut, so that's not a problem... The problem comes if/when you need to back out of that narrow cut, or turn around at the end of it. It can take a few short runs to cut out a place to turn around the first time, if you can't "break out" into a cleared spot, like into the street that's been plowed. Once you've made that first pass, and/or cut out a place to turn around, they do just fine. In fact, I think I prefer the 36" over the 42" for my general use -- it's more maneuverable and easier to get into tighter places with... The 42" moves more snow, but it's a pain to use around parked cars, on sidewalks where it's as wide as the sidewalk, etc.

cwm1276
I don't have the drive my dad does and the 36" would fit in my 2 stall garage than the 42" would. I'm going to have too see if I can get the tractor and 2 cars in first.