Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
cwm1276

36" Snowblower

cwm1276
I know it is the middle of summer, I am wondering how well the 36" snowblower does on a 7100 tractor. I know I have the power, but I know the tractor is nearly that wide, does it cause any problems manuvering I know my dad with at AC716 and 42" blower you can move around a little in your track you just made.

Kent
The first pass with a 36" blower can be a little tricky in deep snow. The tractor will follow the snowblower's cut, so that's not a problem... The problem comes if/when you need to back out of that narrow cut, or turn around at the end of it. It can take a few short runs to cut out a place to turn around the first time, if you can't "break out" into a cleared spot, like into the street that's been plowed. Once you've made that first pass, and/or cut out a place to turn around, they do just fine. In fact, I think I prefer the 36" over the 42" for my general use -- it's more maneuverable and easier to get into tighter places with... The 42" moves more snow, but it's a pain to use around parked cars, on sidewalks where it's as wide as the sidewalk, etc.

cwm1276
I don't have the drive my dad does and the 36" would fit in my 2 stall garage than the 42" would. I'm going to have too see if I can get the tractor and 2 cars in first.