Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Should I get these

lndscpr

I just saw 2 7100's and a homelite similar to the 7100 series. Guy is asking $150. One has no motor. One has a 16hp briggs with shuttle. Briggs has no spark and looks tired. One is std tranny and no motor. One is a hydro with no motor. He will include a 4hp perkins diesel that he says is ready to bolt into the hydro? Also a 10p kohler that is rumored to run. What you think? I now nothing about perkins or deisel. Would it be powerfull enough for a 7100 hydro?

He also had a sears suburban with homemade plow that was running good. really moved the dirt cause he had is wieghted right. Has a 10 hp tecumseh he is asking $250 for it.

i think the price is right for buying 2 7100 or more parts tractors. No attachments, decks etc.? i don't know about the homelite or the diesel. i'd buy in a heartbeat at $150, knowing some if not a lot of work is needed. i've got room and time. sam

I'd love to have the diesel but it won't do that job IMO. I'd jump on that deal if I were you...

3 simplicities (ok 2 simpicities and 1 homelite) for about $50 ea HMMMM any questions? What are you waiting for?????

What type of applications would the deisel be good for? The only attachment is a dozer blade. No hydro or electric lifts unless the homelite had one.

I would jump on that also. If anything it's an investment. I had similar offer presented to me, B112 and early B10 for $200. I paid the guy and he delivered them to the house.

If you decide to pass, let me be the first to say: "I'll buy the $150 package". Just pass me the guys number. :D

I'd jump on them for that price. One of mine was built entirely from junk parts. I'd love to find complete machines for that price. I'd take them off his hands if you didn't want them if it weren't so far to drive from VA. A standard tranny, a shuttle, and a hydro. Sounds like the three I have now; 61 Wards 3-speed, AC716H and AC712S. By-the-way, my AC716H only has a 10Hp B/S in it now and still runs the 48 inch mower and the snow blower just fine.

Go for it. If nothing else you can part them out if there's nothing in good enough shape to work with.

I may be interested in 1 or 2 of the diesels if youd like ot part with them...My 912H would sound great with one!

only 1 diesel. He said it was a 4hp perkins. I am wondering if he meant 4 cyl? it is the size of a larger briggs. Couldnt find anything that small on the perkins website. I went by yesterday and he wasn't there. Going back today. I got a better look at some of the stuff. The homelite T16 is in pretty nice shape. Motor had no compression but not blown. Most of it is there.