Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader L112?

Ronald Hribar

I just purchased this loader. It really looks like a nice unit. It was originally made for the foot dragger tractors. I want to install it on my 17GTH-L. unfortunately it did not come with the mounting frame. Previous owner said his tractor, a Homelite had pieces welded on frame. I do not want to weld to tractor and I also believe that proper mounting frame distributes the stress on tractor. Does any one have the specifications for the frame? I have original manual and it does not give details, And I noticed weight box was part of frame. Also originally had wheel spacers to allow wheels to clear frame. Also frame allowed you to use mower deck. Not sure if this is all posible on newer tractor. If not may dedicate my 3314H to be loader tractor.. Any and all suggestions,schematics ,etc are welcomed.

See http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/l-12/l-12_loader.htm That looked like a nice loader. I am assuming this is the NE $802 one on eBay. Too far and I knew it wasn't coming with frame.

How can you tell it did not have frame? Seller had brackets welded to frame. Yes this is that loader. looks better than pictures.

That loader was not available for that model tractor, as far as I can tell... only the "foot-draggers." The only loaders I can recall mounted on RBTs were Quick Ways or something similar.... So, likely the subframe will have to be built to fit...

Does any one know where sub frame should bolt onto tractor? Does it run from front of tractor to the rear or was that only necesary with early models? Would a mount acroos the frame provide enough stability? Did Simplicity ever offer a loader for the 7100 Series? was there aftermarket loaders available? I know it is a lot of questions, but do not want to butcher tractor or loader.

Aftermarket Quick Way loaders were sold for the 7100 models, and also Bush Hog loaders (I think), and perhaps more. A subframe that "ties" the front tractor frame to the rear frame rails (bridging some of the stress across the bevel gear box) is essential, IMO. The BGB is the "weak link" in the tractor frame that must be reinforced... I haven't seen one up close (only some pictures) so I can't speak to how the subframe mounted.

Ron I also found a loader, should be getting it in the next couple of weeks...thanks for asking all the questions so i dont have to! I was also curious about where to mount the cross member... (mine will be going on a 912H)

It appears that you have to have a full length frame to avoid damage to drive train. And my seller did have problems in that area. The owners manual has a generitic drawing of sub frame including mounting of weight box and wheel spacers. I'm going to have to read betwen the lines and attempt to make some kind of gridle for loader. Also have a concern on exhaust on pump area. Originally designed with pump in front of tractor, on mine it has to be farther back. Unless I change pump position and relocate to direct coupling in front of tractor. I thought I saw pictures of several members tractors with loaders on them, did not find any late models on search mode.

Ron Years ago dad did a refit on a 300 tractor at the dealership. I remember very little just that lovejoy coupling an a redirecting shaft for pto under the front of the tractor. Customer bought a new tractor but kept all attachments and loader from the old b?

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
How can you tell it did not have frame? Seller had brackets welded to frame. Yes this is that loader. looks better than pictures.
Ron, the seller was not willing to answer any questions, one of his replies was "bid if you want". He told me he refused to cut any of the frame parts which were welded to the tractor off. I still think you have a good loader, but for me to have travelled to get this and the guy was not willing to answer questions, I was not willing to out bid you. Thus he never got top dollar for that loader. I watched it go on that Tuesday night. I found the seller has posts on this site, look up his name and you can read his posts. Michael

I never asked right questions then. But then I had never seen loader mounted on tractor.I did have him deliver to my doorstep. When I inquired later as to sub fram, he sent pictures of how it was mounted to his tractor. I do believe the mounting system he had caused his tractor problems.

You mentioned you seen final of bidding. I put in a last minute bid, i could have lost it for $2.00 at last minute bidding. Was unhappy at time, was first time I actually watched final seconds.

It was the difficult dealing which stopped me from bidding more. Looks like you got a great loader. Nice to have the Allis tag on it.