Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
richp

Blade deck swap

richp
will be putting my old 42" deck on a 7000 series, and I noticed the center drive pulley on the deck has a real deep groove in it. It lookes like a b series belt could fit in it. Is the deep groove for keeping the belt from flying off? I put a larger (5") pulley on and it cut great but the belt groove is no where near as deep.

Chris727
If the deck is off an old foot dragger, you may need to do some modifications because the height adjusters might not clear the running boards. Was the deck working with the pulley with the deep groove?

richp
Yea, it worked fine, doesn't look worn. A far as adjusters, I replaced t handles with bolts to clear running boards. I can get rollers almost 2" off the ground before ot hits running boards.

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by richp
I can get rollers almost 2" off the ground before ot hits running boards.
Just cut the running bourds off and you won't have to modify the deck. Plus you can retain the foot-loose feeling of these old FDT's.:D

richp
After foot dragging for years, I gotta say I love the running boards. Nothing I hated more than going over rough lawn and with my heel resting on the deck I felt like jello.