Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Well I got em

lndscpr

Thanks to the advice of the members on this board, my marriage is in serious trouble:( but my hobby is alive and well;). This is what I got for the change on my bureau plus $50 bucks. This is a perkins diesel. previous owner said it is a 4hp. See how much larger it is than the 8hp kohler behind it. I think it may be much larger than 4 hp. It is about the size of a kohler 10hp. The perkins is in very good shape and ready to run. There are mounts in the 7112H waiting for it. Anyone ever see a perkins in a Simplicity. What do you think? Will it work.

If you don't want to unload them, you can bring them on to my house. I'll give your money back plus a few dollars extra. That is a very nice haul. It looks like all three are in repairable condition. They all look as good as any of mine did when I got them.

A little time and effort and they look like they can run. Never seen a Perkins diesel that small. :)

quote:
my marriage is in serious trouble but my hobby is alive and well.
I suspect we've all been there! ;) Looks like a heck of a deal - no way you could go wrong for that price. The diesel in a 7112 sounds like a fun project.

It looks to me that you bought yourself a lot of fun for $50.00! I never knew perkins built diesels that small. That seems like it would be a nice project just making that work in a tractor. Good luck with your projects!

To clarify the price. Tractor fund was depleted. I rolled a lot of nickels, dimes and quarters to pay for this. $100 dollars and change plus a fifty dollar bill. Actual price is $150. The problem will be to decide what to keep. I have a nice 7114H and a hb-112. Other project will be going on the backburner. I found a nearly complete 10hp kohler last week at the local transfer station. Could go with the 7010. Motor has potential but also needs work. I think the 7010 is most likely not making the cut. I will research the diesel project a little to see if it is for me. The 7112 is in excellent condition. I want to keep it for parts at least. A good match for the 7114H. The homelite is also in very good shape. Engine looks like it could be rebuilt and body is very good. rear looks a little bigger than the 7100's I'll have to check the specs. John

• 2 weeks later...
well the diesel is not a perkins. it is a lister-petter. used on generators and road construction signs. not sure how goos a motor it will be for a 7100. it is sizable so i may give it a go depending on how much work is involved. i would probably trade it for a nice kohler. john

John, you can sell one of those immediately for what you paid and you will save your marriage. You got the deal so low and you have the job which will find more, I'd recommend don't even work on the one your going to sell. Just list one on eBay tonight. You'll be smilin in 7 days. Put a buy it now on it and maybe less.