Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KenK

snowblower is ready ,almost(pics added)

KenK
I have been working on mounting my 42" blower to my HB-112(14hp and hydro lift)for the last 3 days.I know the snow is a long way away,but it could only be 4 months[:0].1st thing was to fix the BGB on the tractor:(. 2nd was to mount the electric spout rotator(NOS I got on E-bay for $100 shipped):D.

3rd was to mount the snow cab.

4th was to mount front and rear wheel weights.

Now I'm on the 5th and last item which is tire chains.I have none to fit 10.50 tires.So I've decided to try the ag tire approach,should see them tomorrow.From what I read a lot of you guys do fine without chains so I'll give it a try.If they don't work I'll put the tires on a different tractor and get some chains.When I get the tires on I'll take some pics.

Now I'm ready as long as those tires bite:D.

dirtsaver
Ken the Ag's will work pretty well for you untill you find the ICE under the snow. That seems to be my "slipping" point. I'm wondering about some sort of studded tires for the front,like snowblower tires maybe.

KSever
Ken, What you might want to consider with the AG tires is having them studded by a tire shop. I ran studded AG tires on my Landlord all last winter and not a spin. No chains at all just one set of wheel weights with the blower mounted on the front. Just a idea you may want to consider.

Sweet looking machine. I like the electric spout. You got some serious weight there.

richp
The reason I use ag tires is for that one time in the middle of a snowstorm and a tire chain decides to walk off and your wrestling it in the driveway to get it back on.