Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JR

Sorta O/T: Anybody into Jacobsen?

JR
I know this is a bit o/t for here, but I thought someone here might be interested. I've got a Jacobsen 76" commercial reel-type mower that I'd like to get out of my pole barn. It's got a 14hp Kohler engine and hydro trans. I traded my B210 for it a few years ago, but I never got around to doing much with it. It really needs a yard that's flat and fairly level. Mine isn't, so I didn't spend much time on it. I even have the operators manual. Really should have kept the B210, but I was trying to help a friend out.:( I'm sure most of you know how that goes. If you could use this thing, let me know (off-list, don't want to waste space here) and we'll see if we can work something out. Otherwise, it's off to the'Bay! If nothing else, it might be worth it for the motor and trans.

maxtorman1234
I think it would be a neat thing to have, Lots of grass to cut here, and its fairly level too. It has a good motor too:). Too bad there's no way I could get it.

JR
Yeah, it's really a pretty cool machine. I think it was meant for use at golf courses and places like that. It's got three reel gangs, with one in the front center like a ZTR-style mower, and two "wing" gangs that fold down. Supposedly, they even have built-in sharpeners for the reels. Got dual drive wheels on the front. I'm guessing that's for floatation. The hydro has a fan-cooled radiator and even a spin-on oil filter! It was built for some heavy-duty use. I just don't have any need it, and I hate to part it out when somebody out there might really like to have it. And I'm tired of seeing it sitting in the pole barn!