Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trying to spread new tractor virus!!

Al

Hi, In the last month I have been really blessd. Kent and Eli stopped in and I had a wonderful afternoon visiting and showing them a lot of junk, talking about tractors and repower. I tried to expose them to as much new stuff as possible. From the new 4 wheel drive Legacy, the Lancer, the Prestige, the ZT, and even our traiter mower the Gravely 260 ZT 25hp 60" that will mow 4 acres an hour about 11 mph. I had a great day and we surveyed all the junk around here, and I took some pictures that when I need to black mail some one I can post. Today Smilin Sam and his two boys came up. We kind of did a repeat of the above. It really made my day and was a wonderful break to forget about all the stressful stuff for a while. I didn't take any pictures because he lives a lot closer and could reciprocate bodily. Any way I did show all of the Orange stuff and tried to put some Orange infection back in him. He was so patient. He got here and had to poke around by himself for a little while, as I was tied up on the phone selling 2 917 Allis repower kits. Then I escaped from the office and we swapped yarns for a few hours. This is what has made this club so great, the people, and these 2 represent them very well. Thanks guys. Now I'll probably have to mow twice as often from all of the BS we spread but it will be worth it. Anyway, it was a great time. Al

Al, You deserve all the thanks. You probably don't realize how much it meant to Eli to get to drive all that equipment. He's still bragging about driving the Legacy and the big Gravely ZTR, especially... and he still wants a Honda-powered Regent of his very own. As for me, I'm still trying to figure out the "blackmail" part of your post... ;) I had a great time and could have spent days instead of hours talking tractors and looking into the far corners of your sheds... The trip, though a marathon of sorts, was something that Eli and I will both remember for the rest of our lives.... I just hope now that we have a chance to repeat it!

Al, I envy Kent, Eli, Sam, and his boys for being able to meet and spend some time with you. You and they are some of the reasons SimpleTractors is such a great club. Cheers to all,

I'm wondering now if this was winter and it was snowing 6" a day, would it take that long to buy a snowblower?

HI, The blackmail was just for humor. After the guys teasing Sam about other brands etc. I was refering to a Gravely picture on this sight with the janitor and grounds keeper at the helm. Nothing implied. Al

I'll wholeheartedly agree that its real nice to get away from having to do this or that and just BS about common interest and such. No pressures no Hurrys, no Problems. This vacation I decided from the start that I wasn't setting any goals to meet. Just taking it a day at a time and doing whatever I feel like , for however long I want , when I want. Spending time visiting you in your shop was something I wanted to do, and enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks, and I'll likely come back again. Sam