Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JR

48" deck on 725?

JR
Is it possible to put a 48" deck under an older 725? If so, what deck should I be looking for? Also, would a 42"snowthrower from a B210 work on the 725? My guess is that it would, but I'm not sure. Thank!8D

Kent
The 48" deck will not physically fit -- the deck rollers will contact the rear tires. The 42" snowblower would fit, but you'd need at least 12HP to drive it in deep or wet, heavy snow...

JR
How big a deck can I fit under it? As far as the snowthrower, it didn't work with wet snow on the B210! It just wanted to pack in the chute. In my experience, single stage throwers work great in powdery snow, but aren't worth a crap in wet snow. I've got the D17 with the front-end loader and snow scoop for the heavy stuff.

thedaddycat
You can fit a 42" deck under the 725........ If you look in places like What Fits and Made When you can get a lot of information, then spout off like you really know what you're talking about.... LOL http://www.simpletractors.com/made_when/1957-1964.htm

richp
I live in CT. where all of the snow is wet and seldom powder. If the shute is smooth and you apply no stick spray you will have no problem. Here we call snow white rain, because it is like shoveling buckets of water.

RichP. My CT buddy with the broadmoor machines paints and shines his chutes up every year like you say. He does his own circular driveway on his 3+ acre plot every storm with those little machines. He's got two running and puts his son to work on the flip side of the driveway in a big storm.