Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Uneven Cut - 4211 H 36" deck

wasmeneh

I noticed the last time I cut that my cut was uneven on my 36" deck 4211H. It appears that the center is higher than the sides. I've leveled the blade tips back to front and side to side as per the manual. The blades are Gators and almost new with no visable cuts, dings or bends? Any ideas? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance, Mike

How could the center be higher than the sides, unless the deck shell itself is warped or the arbors are not mounted straight up and down? My initial thought was to check the front-back heights, but you said you've set that to spec...

I did check the air and it was pretty uneven. It's now set like it should be, to check the cut I'll have to wait a few days to let the grass grow (I've got to cut it every 4 days anyway, out of contol St. Augustine) I did notice that the front was too low so I readjusted that also. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something simple.... I've been known to miss the obvious (Like tire air pressure) Thanks Mike

If it was cutting even before changeing the blades or sharpening them and cut uneven after the center blade would have to be at a different heigth. Place all three blades in a straight line and put a straight edge across them to chech the heigth if the center blade compaired to the outside blades. The center arbor could have moved up or down or the center blade mounted wrong. JMO.

Maynard, The 36" deck has only two blades and they look level. I didn't notice that the cut was uneven before a couple of weeks ago, I haven't changed anthing that I can think of. Mike

I just replaced an idler pulley and belt on one of my mowers and when I tried to set the highth from side to side I rotated the blades and on one of them one end was right on but the other end was about a half inch higer. Had to straighten the blade.

Thank to all, just cut front yard and all is OK with the cut. Apparantly it was a combination of a few things, the main one being that the tires were inflated to different pressures (Thanks EDS, I always miss the simple things) BTW by moving the front up more level with the back I now have an overall higher cut which is greatly needed with ST< Augustine grass. Thanks Again Mike