Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

728ammeter

bud119195

Todd, I have never seen a 728 with a square ammeter. All I have seen have had the same round one that the Landlords, 3400s 7000s etc. have had. I AM NOT saying they never had a square one, I have never seen one. There may be a good chance someone else put a square one in. Al Eden

I know that radio shack had a line of electronic meters that were square with varying amperage. However I would use a clear coat weather coating to keep the rain out.

I have never seen one with a square amp gauge either...If its a factory set up I would like to see some pictures of that...

Upon further investigation I found a round hole. Whoever had this did a nice job of hiding the round hole wiyh a square and made it look like something that was done at factory. now all I need to do is find origional round one

Go to your Simplicity dealer and see what he can do. If he has nothing, try NAPA. A 2-1/16" dia gauge 10 Amp should do it. You can also make a plea to the membership to see if there are any experienced (used and working) ameters for sale.

Tractor Supply carries an ampmeter for Ford tractors that is identical to the ones on my 7013S & new Sovereign. Cost is $8 if I remember right.