Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
fireballv8

Finished Big Ten

fireballv8
It took me almost a year to get all the parts, sandblast, repaint and reassemble this thing. Turned out pretty good, I learned a lot from the site and the membership on some mechanical issues. Thanks for the support. Finally my shop is clean!!! There are some before and after pics. I still have the bucket, R&L lift levers, Lights, HI/Lo pulley, and a few more parts to put on. The deck is in the shop finished and painted also. Someone asked if I had to cut the brake/clutch pedal off to mount the L-10 loader, no I did not, it had plenty of clearance, and I wear a size 12 shoe. I used that new "fusion" paint that sticks to plastic (wal mart) for the steering wheel. I added headlights and an exhaust pipe, the lights came from wal mart and the exhaust is an OEM b10 muffler with a pipe nipple welded in the outlet and Kubota B5200 pipe clamped on it.

Mike(Fireball) did you have to cut the right brake clutch pedal to mount the L10?

Kent
I'm not Mike, but you have to cut the end off to mount an L-12, and I'd assume so for the L-10 since they mount the same. [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/515_loader/Figure_11.jpg[/img] http://simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/pages2-3.htm

BrownA
Dual lift levers, tiller and loader. Doesn't get much better than that on these old AC's. It looks great, nice job on your restoration. Are you going to show it or use it ?

fireballv8
On the clutch/brake pedal issue, I didn't have to cut it and it still has plenty of clearance for my size 12 foot to use the pedal easily. I still have the right and left lift levers in the shop also. I think I am going to look at it a while, then get it dirty, I want it to work well and I will need to use it to work out all the kinks and bugs. I am starting a matching trailer for it (to take to the antique tractor shows, so my shop will be dirty again.

How did you or do you restore the white steering wheel to be white again? Do you paint this with a special paint?

maxtorman1234
THat looks excellent, I wish I was able to restore something, and get it to look as nice as that does. Looks like you have all the goodies for it too. I definately wouldn't want to get it dirty, but i guess it wouldn't be too useful if it was always clean. You did a real good job, It sure looks great.