Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finished Big Ten

fireballv8

It took me almost a year to get all the parts, sandblast, repaint and reassemble this thing. Turned out pretty good, I learned a lot from the site and the membership on some mechanical issues. Thanks for the support. Finally my shop is clean!!! There are some before and after pics. I still have the bucket, R&L lift levers, Lights, HI/Lo pulley, and a few more parts to put on. The deck is in the shop finished and painted also. Someone asked if I had to cut the brake/clutch pedal off to mount the L-10 loader, no I did not, it had plenty of clearance, and I wear a size 12 shoe. I used that new "fusion" paint that sticks to plastic (wal mart) for the steering wheel. I added headlights and an exhaust pipe, the lights came from wal mart and the exhaust is an OEM b10 muffler with a pipe nipple welded in the outlet and Kubota B5200 pipe clamped on it.

Whoops, you guys ignore the kubota in the background, it is....Uhh a friend of mine's, yeah thats it, a friend from niagara falls.

Very, very nice! :D Where's the bucket for the L-10? At least the Kubota is orange, instead of green... ;)

In the shop, It has some rotten metal, I am waiting to find a piece of 10ga. big enough to fix the whole bottom, I have a set fo L-10 decals coming too.

You know I just thought about it, but Kubota orange is awfully close to AC orange. Maybe Kubotas are really foreign made ACs???

That's a very nice looking tractor and loader, tiller package you have. Nice Work! The answer to the clean shop is to find another project.

Job well done. I hope mine looks like that when it's done. Hopefully in a years time I will have it finished and will be starting a different one.

I'm not Mike, but you have to cut the end off to mount an L-12, and I'd assume so for the L-10 since they mount the same. [img]http://simpletractors.com/images/515_loader/Figure_11.jpg[/img] http://simpletractors.com/operation/515_loader/pages2-3.htm

Mike Looks like a year well spent. Thats a good looking tractor I sure would be proud to have that in my garage.

Dual lift levers, tiller and loader. Doesn't get much better than that on these old AC's. It looks great, nice job on your restoration. Are you going to show it or use it ?

On the clutch/brake pedal issue, I didn't have to cut it and it still has plenty of clearance for my size 12 foot to use the pedal easily. I still have the right and left lift levers in the shop also. I think I am going to look at it a while, then get it dirty, I want it to work well and I will need to use it to work out all the kinks and bugs. I am starting a matching trailer for it (to take to the antique tractor shows, so my shop will be dirty again.

How did you or do you restore the white steering wheel to be white again? Do you paint this with a special paint?

Mike, EXCELLENT !!! Glad you didnt sell that tractor now ? When you find a show down here in Texas let me know. RayH

THat looks excellent, I wish I was able to restore something, and get it to look as nice as that does. Looks like you have all the goodies for it too. I definately wouldn't want to get it dirty, but i guess it wouldn't be too useful if it was always clean. You did a real good job, It sure looks great.