Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Calcium filled tires

Is there any special handling for calcium filled tires? I am not sure if I have a set of wheels with calcium in them or if they are just filled with water. Is Calcium a polutent?

Calcium Chloride, a salt. It is very corrosive to metal, just like Sodium Chloride, plain table salt. Calcium Chloride is the salt that they use on the roads in winter in some areas. Not an extreme pollutant, but not for human consumption. Just wash your hands if you get it on them.

It is actually good for sewer line pipes as it will kill any fine roots from trees that get into pipes and plug them. I used it at my old house in its crystal form once a year to keep the roots out of the line from the house to the street. A lot cheaper than having a roto rooter come and clean the line out.

Its similar to the stuff they put on gravel roads to keep the dust down. If you have gravel , use watering can to apply. Don't put where you might track it into house ( takes a while to dry ). Don't use sprayer to apply, will kill pump in short order.