Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
WITom

What's a "bgb"?

WITom
I've seen the term mentioned on a few posts now. Usually, if I put my giant sixth-grade-educated brain to it, I can figure these terms out. But this one has me stumped! Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks! Tom

The real question, which I could figure out by testing a bgb, is how many turns the drive shaft makes to the 90 degree conversion on both sides of the BGB. I would guess these are 1 to 1, but they may not be. If so then the RPM's off these Briggs engines (or other?) would be the same at the PTO/drivetrain pulleys. The bonus question would be to figure out what the RPM's of the lawn decks and tillers end up with. I did test that the 1690039 tiller takes 10.5 turns to turn the tines one time. Anyone know these answers?

hufhouse
Beegee "A" was Barry.8D Beegee "B" must be a quick way to refer to Maurice and Robin, since they were twins.8D8D That would make Andy Beegee "C". 8D That's debatable, though, because he was never officially a Beegee.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Michael, I think, from previous figures that I was given, that the tiller should be geared down about 18:1 from the engine.
Rodney, thanks. My 3012 has the tiller still attached, so I should be able to test that number. It's just a time thing. Too many tractors, not enough time.

Kent
Ron, there were versions of the later model tractors (at least the 7000 series, and I think the 7100 series) called "6-speeds" that used a different type of "high-low" setup with two sets of pulleys and two belts. Michael, that's a pic of the high-low on my Big Ten from when I was putting it together from different parts tractors...

Tacey
quote:
Originally posted by hufhouse
Beegee "A" was Barry.8D Beegee "B" must be a quick way to refer to Maurice and Robin, since they were twins.8D8D That would make Andy Beegee "C". 8D That's debatable, though, because he was never officially a Beegee.
Uuuuuhhhh, maybe next time, try breakin' the Zoloft in half, huh huffie? ;) Tacey

acken
I have wondered myself sometimes what these abbreviations are. At the risk of sounding stupid, I held out until I figured out what a "foot dragger" was. Maybe us rookies need a glossary.While you're talking tiller ratios, the older ones are differant than newer. Not just the belt input, but inside the tiller case. You can get a lot done in a hurry if you put old yellow tiller on AC 700 series tractor, my guess is the parts would fly as far as the dirt if I kept going.

I thought 23D = 23D, there is also a 23FD (Flange Bearing). The numbers all mean something, there are websites which explain the numbers.

D-17_Dave
quote:
Originally posted by 10HorseMan 23d= Briggs & Stratton 243431?
Try again. 23D=23D. Updated 19D with more power. 243431= completely dif. engine. Same mounting specs but a whole new design from the D series. However you do get a :) for the effort. :p