Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3415H Seat deck stops

mowerman1193

What kind of stops did the 3415H have to keep the seat deck from flipping over all the way?Mine flips over until it hits on the decal and its rubbing/scratching the decal off the back...Anyone have a detailed picture of what I need..maybe I can make something if its just something simple..

Kevin, Look at the piece on the left fender mount of this picture. You can see the "U" shaped piece of flat metal that fits around the entire hinge.

This stops the fenders at a little past vertical. This one is homemade and it is on an AC712S, but the fenders and the mounts are the same. This tractor was built entirely from a pile of junk parts from at least six different machines. I didn't have a lot of the little pieces that get lost when parts are removed. Rod

I didn't find any seat deck stops in the parts manual for the 3415H, but here is the pic of one from the 3414S parts manual. It's no. 12 in the pic. (two needed)

Rich, Those are not tail lights. They are just reflectors. They either came off a early 70s Ford truck or a Pinto. I don't remember which. Anyway, they were on a shelf in my garage, and I thought they would look good in that plain looking area of the fenders. Kevin, Most of the tractors that I have seen only have one of the stops on the hinge. Two would be good, but is not necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Rich, Those are not tail lights. They are just reflectors. They either came off a early 70s Ford truck or a Pinto. I don't remember which. Anyway, they were on a shelf in my garage, and I thought they would look good in that plain looking area of the fenders. Graham, Most of the tractors that I have seen only have one of the stops on the hinge. Two would be good, but is not necessary.
I thought they looked like Pinto. ;) I have never seen a tractor with 2 hinge stops on the seat. Always only one, but the parts list above does say 2.......

Thanks for the pictures..Looks like I should be able to make something up for that...

Did the A/C B-110 come with any type of stop? The B-110 fender/seat deck is "double jointed" compared to my Homelite and 17GTH-L and the back of it has been beat up over the years hitting the rear lift. It's been this way its whole life. Maybe a stop wasn't installed when it was originally assembled. I don't think a simple stop like the one pictured would work, but I'll have to investigate further.

Rich, Those are 26x12x12 turfs mounted on 12 inch wide wheels. They really are monsters compared to the 10.5 ags that are on another of my tractors, and completely dwarf a set of 8.50s. With 8.50s:

With 26x12x12 tires :

That's a great lookin' tractor that you put together Rod! I really like those big tires and the fender flares that you installed.8D8D8D

Not all B-110 and B-112 were double jointed. From the ones that I have seen the push button starter tractors were double jointed and the key start tractors had the seat pan stops.

If things go as planned, the tractor pictured will be on display along with my 61 Wards puller at "Gathering of the Orange East" in Canandaigua NY on Aug 12 and 13. Come on up and join a bunch of us club members for a good time talking tractors. It is only a 400 mile drive up there for me. Mike is making a 430 mile trip from Ohio and bringing six tractors. There are around twenty members who said they will be there. I know there are quite a few of you other members who are much closer.