Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Briggs to discontinue carburetor

Nick

My neighbor knows somebody who was able to get me a carburetor for a 10hp 243431 at wholesale cost from a distributor in Albany, NY for $100.00. Normal retail cost is $154.00> He told me the guy said Briggs is planning on discontinuing it next year due to EPA regulations. Anyone one know if this is true? If it is order one now from your Briggs dealer.

Hey my sister live right out side of Albany! What is the info on that distributor? What ealse do they have? Elon

First, the $100.00 for the carburetor is a real good price! What is the name of this distributor. I live about 30 miles South of Albany, NY. Second, he may be right about discontinuing the carburetor. Sadly, as time goes on, parts for these rugged old cast-iron block single cylinders are gonna be hard to find and very pricey when you do find them.

All I know is that this is a friend of friend type deal. The guy who is getting the carb owes my neighbor a favor, and his other friend owes him a favor. From what I hear the guy is a dealer that's why he is getting it for a wholesale price. He thinks it's for my neighbors tractor otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it for that price. I don't know the name of the distributor either.

Thats why all our stuff will increase in value.Briggs could care less about thes old engs they want to sell us all the new c%%p!,

Yep your right Dave. Maybe with the sale of Simplicity, we could get them to reproduce some of the parts we want/need. Worth a try, no? Elon

Oh darn! I thought they were going to put EFI on the new engines and sell kits to retrofit the old ones!