Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CAREFUL, I think the Sicklebar on eBay is...

Hey I am just mentioning to folks that I see a sicklebar in the Simplicity section of eBay. I advise you to be careful because I think it is for a "BUSH HOG" tractor. I've got one and I don't know what it is. If anyone does know what a Bush Hog is, I'd like to find out.

This is the advertisement: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50377&item=4314820419&rd=1 This is what I have:

I think the Allis Chalmers 300/400 series used the same sort of critter as well as the AC made Homleites, but the Homelites would have been Blue. I doubt is is for a AC though since There is alot more parts that are not there in regards to the Homelite setup(which would have been close to the AC setup.

A fellow down the street from me has a Bush hog. It is an interesting tractor. He won't part with it for now but I've got my eye on it. It has a torque converter looking setup between the engine and tranny, much like you'd see on an automatic tranny for a car. At first glance I thought it was an old wheelhorse but I stopped to talk to him one day and found out otherwise.