Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hydraulic unit mounting.

richp

I am looking for a good location to mount this 12 volt hydraulic supply unit. This thing is a nice little unit. This model is set up for 3 way or 4 way or both. I will use tractor elec. lift for implements and this unit for angle of blade or maybe dumping johnny bucket. Mounting it on fender seemed logical because the levers are close. I could easily take it off for summer mowing with hose disconnects.

That is a sweet looking unit. Think I would find having the controls that far back a bit award, least sitting in this computer chair it seems it would be. I'd think mounted in line with the steering wheel, like just infront of the hydro lever, with a bracket brought up from the frame would suit me better.

I have one almost like that. I got mine from work. It was used to lift the cab of a truck to get at the engine. I was thinking of somthing like that too. The only thing that made me think twice is the draw. These 12volt pumps take quite a bit of power. I think you mite find that it will draw your electric system right down. Elon

I don't think the battery will have a problem as long as the charching systems up to snuff. My buddy has one on his pickup to dump and there is a lot of draw for that much weight. I am only going to tilt blade once in a while or dump a bucket. Can you guys come up with any other uses for this?

Well one thing I was thinking of doing with mine, is to use it on a home brew tractor lift. Not one to lift plows but one to lift the whole tractor. Like a car lift. Shouldnt be too hard to make. As for the draw on the charging system on a tractor, I know mine had a 20 amp circut breaker. How much amps will a old starter generator make? I know this was just talked about recently. Elon

Rich, I'd put it on the left side near the steering wheel. Even if it sticks out, I can't think of what it would get in the way of. You really did a nice job on that machine, careful you keep it looking so good. That machine shines. Good luck. Interested to see what you do.

Mounting that pump on the seat pan looks to be the best location as far as available real estate goes..dont think I would mount it behind the seat..a little awkward to operate there. With a good battery and intermittent use, you should'nt expect to have any problems running the thing as long as the current draw is not excessive.

I think i will bend up a control rod that runs around the side. I spent hours holding this thing in position and this was best for me. Putting on side looked awkward and tough to mount. I think a good use for this would be for a dump trailer.

If you are going to put it on a dump trailer, put it on the trailer. You can have an electric disconnect on the back of your tractor. Or you can make a rear loader which the frame of the loader holds the pump. That way you don't run your restoration job.