Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Going from Soveriegns to Prestige/Conquest

SmilinSam

I ended up spending more money than just the two tractors. Bought a new Snow cab for the ConQuest along with rear lift kits for both tractors and a snowblower hitch and conversion kit for it to fit the ConQuest. As of yet they dont have a complete hitch all ready and avail;able for the ConQuest/Prestige unless you buy the complete blower attachment. You have top buy the old Landlord/Broadmoor blower hitch then buy a kit to adapt it to the Prestige/ ConQuest. [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/A5/B2/37034917-d7dd-0204015C-.jpg[/img] I dressed the ConQuest up (Below) with Good Yaer Ag treads. These sit a little narrower than the same size CArlisles. I chose them because the CArlisles tend to ride up on the snow worse than the narrower prints of the Good Year. [img]http://a7.cpimg.com/image/1F/2A/37030687-f7a9-01E40168-.jpg[/img] http://a7.cpimg.com/image/1F/2A/37030687-f7a9-01E40168-.jpg BElow is a picture of the rear lift mounted on the tractor. One could have the lift rod on the tractor at the same time the deck is on, but you can't take the deck off unless you remove the rod, so its beter to leave it off until you mount a rear attachment. [img]http://a9.cpimg.com/image/21/2A/37030689-a0aa-01F0016A-.jpg[/img] http://a9.cpimg.com/image/21/2A/37030689-a0aa-01F0016A-.jpg Removing/installing the rod is no big deal as the end of the rod pins to the rear lift and the bracket on the rod slides over the end of your lift lever shaft on the right side of the tractor and pins in with one pin. Removing/Installing the tiller is not hard, but it will take a little more time than it does with the Soveriegns, but not a whole lot. I figure 10-15 minutes vs 5 - 10 minutes with the Soveriegn. Basically remove the deck(and its sure a breeze on these compared to a Soveriegn), install the Lift rod and the assist spring. Then get under the tractor and move the pin in the lift trunion (next to the lift lever inside the frame) from one set of holes to another , then hook on the tiller. Lastly pin on the two sets of guide pulleys for the belt and hook on the belt. Ready to go. The Snow blower( no pictures ) has its own lift rod and braket to go on the lift lever shaft. The Blower hitch also doubles as a blade hitch (if you have the right blade. Here are mfg numbers to reference by using simplicities address to download manuals: Here are the kits from Simplicity I bought to convert a Soveriegn Snowblower to use on a Prestige/ConQuest. Snowblower Hitch assembly for Landlord/1700/2700 series MFG # 1693500 Kit to convert from Landlord Hitch to Prestige/ConQuest hitch MFG # 1686886 ---------------------------------------------------------------- Here is the Kits required that I purchased to put a Soveriegn 36" tiller on a Prestige/ConQuest Tiller Conversion Kit MFG # 1686931 Prestige/Conquest Rear lift group MFG # 1694192 --------------------------------------------------------------------- I believe the Snowblower frame I ordered will also be usable with a Snowblade based on reading the instructions for the Blade and blower subframes. Heres some more numbers for your convenience. 42" Blade MFG# 1693754 uses hitch MFG # 1694741 Subframe for Blade MFG # 1694146 Subframe for Single stage blowers (for comparison) MFG # 1694286 You can go to the Simplicity publications address to look up the downloadable manuals using the MFG #'s .. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/portal_External.asp?LinkID=57&CatTitle=[/url] I havn't got to try it out yet as its raining here today. Wife says she like her MAssey for the tight steering and good handling. She doesn't like the deck scalping in turns on uneven ground, but thats always been a trait of Simplicity's wider decks. Having been a Soveriegn type user for some time, I must say this ConQuest doesn't look too badly engineered. I spent some time under it today lookig it over and its not really too complicated, yet well built. My only area of concern is how much ground engaging work the Aluminum housing on the transmission will stand in the long run. Otherwise theres enough improvements over the Soveriegn I feel like I can live without the Soveriegns. Already started dreaming up ways of modifying some of the old Soveriegn attachments to fit this series. We will have to see what comes outr of my shop this coming year.

I was able too right click on the photo go to properties and copy and paste the URL. The photos came up fine. That is one sweet looking tractor.

Well, I used Nick's approach and the pics are showing up for me now too... Nice looking machines! So, do you still prefer the Massey red over the Simplicity orange paint?

I can`t get them to open either. Tried Nicks approach doesn`t work either. Don`t see what I could be doing wrong.

Guess my post isnt about tractors anymore, but picture loading... They come up for me two out of three times. 1 out of thre logins to this topic and I get the clubphoto ads.

Here's the pics of Sam's tractors so everyone can see.

Very nice tractors Sam.8D I know you'll enjoy them.

Nice looking units. Like some of the others the only pics I'm getting from Sam's messages are and ad for 'club photo'. Gregc's images came up fine. This has me baffled. Gord

Sam, You mention you're living without Sovereigns, are you also living without the Homelite?

Sam, Nice looking tractors.Glad to see you back to owning simplicity products again.You have a nice fleet of tractors to work and play with.

Nice looking tractors Sam. I may possibly be buying either the Conquest or Prestige real soon. I was going to buy a 2927 but couldn't get it in my price range. Attachments for the Legacy XL / Massey 2927 Series are very expensive. I talked to my local dealer about the Conquest / Prestige when they first came out. He stated that Simplicity was very excited about these tractors. The Sovereign was one excellent machine, but it cost Simplicity alot of money to produce them and the manufacturing equipment was wearing out, so Simplicity decided to discontinue it. The Conquest/Prestiges were meant to replace the Sovereign. I don't think they are as heavy as the Sovereign, but still well built compared to some other brands out there. Nice to hear some feedback from an actual owner. I will post pics of my new tractor when I get it.