Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

found this 728 today

PatrickE

Saw this for sale on the way home from work yesterday and went back to offer him half what he wanted and drove it up into my van. He said trans grinds(pulley was loose and rubbing) and carb leaks(put new needle and seat in already). Original 8HP runs great, doesn't smoke. Deck is real solid, bearings and blades good. I spent an hour powerwashing and it cleaned up real nice! Oiginal headlights and paint, not bad for 100 bucks, eh? Gotta try to fit it in the garage yet!

Heck the headlights are worth what you paid. Another one resqued by a club member. Great job,Mat8D

quote:
Originally posted by clyde
Looks like you have the same issue with your garage that I do. :D
I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem....:D:D And Looks like you got a good Deal to me.... Nice looking tractor

Ditto on the garage problem, new building, 24'x24' is filling up fast. That is one of the cleanest 728's I've seen, even a decent seat and guide lights. Can't beat the price!

quote:
Originally posted by clyde
Really looks nice, congratulations! Looks like you have the same issue with your garage that I do. :D
Cool tractor! And it's in real nice shape too. Hey Clyde, you can come fill up my garage with Simplicity's if you want too.;)

AC808, the VW is hers, identical to her first car at 16 and only 3200 miles on it, she won't let it go, same with her old Honda next to it.

Wow, you "stole" that tractor. Looks like it was well taken care of by previous owner. Good luck with it!!!!!!:)