Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEw ConQuest /Prestige a definate winner!

SmilinSam

Got to mow with my new ConQuest today. All I can say is ... WoW!!!! The turning radius on this is alot better than the 98 Soveriegn I a had. Between that and the ease of changing directions with the foot pedal controls I easily shaved 30% off my mowing time. Worked Great in the ditch. Only complaint is its hard to straddle the cruise lever when leaning over on that side of the tractor while on the slope. Already figured out how to fit my mounted sprayer on the rear lift. Got a good Idea of how to mount a Soveriegn grader blade and a sickle mower on the thing too with a little engineering to the atachments and no mods to the tractor. I think I picked the right replacements for my fleet:D

I am considering buying either the Conquest or Prestige next year. Glad to hear you are happy with it. Always good to hear feedback from owners instead of just dealer recommendations. I meant no disrespect to the dealers on that. I just like to also hear from owner experience too. Did you trade in the Sovereign, Sam?

Good to hear your report Sam. As you been around a lot of these machines of a 40 year life span you have a lot to base your judgement on.

I had a customer cut the cruise rod off flush with the fender[:0].I told him that he could have just removed the whole lever,but it was too late.

Sam the folks we have sold the Prestiege to have nothing but praise for them. As for problems, all I've seen them in the shop for so far is routine maintenance/service. Enjoy!!

quote:
Originally posted by KenK
I had a customer cut the cruise rod off flush with the fender[:0].I told him that he could have just removed the whole lever,but it was too late.
Interesting idea forming on that one... What if one cut the rod off and made a sleeve to attach to the handle end? Maybe using square stock of some sort. You could make it so the hand grip end could be pulled up and off when you needed to and simply slid back on. Have the joint just below the fender.