Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shopping At Local Simplicity Dealer

rs07

Yesterday, I stopped by one of my local Simplicity dealers to pickup a new cutting edge for the 46" dozer blade on my A-C 916H. The dealer also just aquired the Snapper line, which Simplicity now owns. While talking to him, he seemed pretty excited about the recent Briggs/Simplicity Aquisition. He felt that the deal should not bring much change to the product line, but will definitely make the company stronger. Time will tell, I guess!:D

• 3 weeks later...
You guys are so negative! The worst that will happen to you diehard Kohler fans is they will swap Kohler motors for Briggs.As far as I'm concerned Kolher should stick to bathtubs but that is neither here nor there.How about this thought.....that by owning the best small tractor company in the world Briggs has elevated their whole line in a single bound.They own the best tractor company,the best generator company,the best lawn mower company{most professional landscapers use snapper)and the best small engine company.All you doomsayers are off the mark.

Hey, I never said Kohler was better than Briggs. As a matter of fact. I will be taking delivery of my new Conquest sometime next week. That tractor has an 18hp Briggs Vanquard in it. If I didn't like Briggs, I'd be spending the extra money on the Prestige with the Kohler in it. I like Briggs just as much as Kohler. I think they both make a good engine. The Briggs Vanguard is a good proven engine that has been around for quite some time now. Me personally, I think the Briggs / Simplicity aquisition is a good thing.