Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

EZ Slide

PhanDad

In several posts about coatings for the underside of mowing decks, EZ Slide has been mentioned. I figure I'd like to try it on the 42" Homelite deck I'm rebuilding. I've looked locally, but can't find a supplier. I've seached the web and found info about it, some retail sites that sell it at their bricks and mortar stores (mostly midwest farming stores), but no mail order availability. Does anyone know of any place that would ship a couple spray cans of the stuff? Thanks.

Another product, and very similar, is called Slip Plate. You can try it if you wish, but I can tell you from very recent experience that it isn't worth it. After reading the posts on here, I cleaned my deck real well and applied Slip Plate. The can says to allow 24 hours for full cure and mine had 4 days to cure. I burnished the coating to make it quite slick as well. I mowed my lawn and still had clippings build up under the deck, even though the grass was very dry at the time. I re-cleaned the deck and found that the Slip Plate had worn off in some places already. This is tough stuff too - we have used it for 30+ years in gravity feed wagons to make grain flow out easier without having to get in them and shovel it out. Works very well. In those 30+ years, we've only had to reapply the stuff twice! I've pretty much come to the conclusion that there is no miracle stuff to keep build-up from occuring! If there was, it would probably make headline news! Tom

We used EZ Slide under the decks on the Yazoo mowers we used at the cemetary where I worked maintenance several years ago. It worked very well for us. We even painted the inside of our dump truck bed with it to make the dirt slide out easier. I could check at our local Rural King to see if they have it in spray cans. Not sure how I could send it to you tho. Where are you located?