Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1970 JD 140

Mack

On my way to Ryans plowday site Saturday I saw this tractor at a garage sale and had to stop.I had a good chat with the owner and told him about the plans for the plowday this coming Saturday.He may even show up and do some disking.:D I've not been a big fan of Deere's but this is an impressive outfit!Too bad he wouldn't sell the Carry-all separately. [img]/club2/attach/mack/Deere2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/mack/Deere4.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/mack/Deere5.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/mack/Deere3.jpg[/img]

Those 140's sure had a nice system of hydraulics. I used to drag one of those brinly 3 point disks behind my AC Homesteader8. Not sure I like those wire wheels so much.

Wonder if he has used that disc at all. Never seen a tandem set up like that, with both gangs throwing outward.

I've got one of those disc that I used with my 64 Economy tractor before I got my 620. They do a good job for no more than they are. As for the gang arangement, I think he must have put the rear on backwards after giveing it that funny coloured paint job.lol Would be a little tough to get it to cut like that wouldn't it.