Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HubbardRA

ebay Purchase

HubbardRA
I bought a 16 Hp B/S engine from a 7116H on ebay for $158. Called the guy about dropping the shipping from the PayPal price, because I wanted to drive to pick it up(about two hours away). While on the phone he said he had the rest of the tractor (with rebuilt Sunstrand hydro) that he wanted to get rid of and he had a tiller attachment (missing the pulleys for the tractor) also. Anyway, he agreed to let me have the tractor and tiller for an additional $100. What do you think, guys? Is $258 too much for a 7116 with mower and tiller. It is missing a starter and carb needs some work. Of course tractor has rust and needs a paint job. I thought it was a pretty good deal. Of course, Becky is wondering why I need a fourth tractor(not counting the Sears Suburban) and a tiller, since we currently live on 1/3 acre.

maxtorman1234
Sounds like a good price to me too. I must need more tractors:). I have 5 for one full acre. Before I get any more though I need to put money into te ones I have to get them running right.

ReedS
I wouldn't let .25 of an acre stop me either there are presently 6 tractors in the garage (2 in pieces but what the heck they're still tractors, right?) for my acre. I might add though that one is for sale.

gregc
I think it's a real good deal Rod. Jump on it.;) I'm sitting on about a half acre and have seven running tractors and five more waiting for me to get them running. No such thing as too many tractors.:p

comet66
I should let my wife read this. You guys make me look good I only have 9 tractors on 2 1/2 ac. 5 running, two need minimal repair, (just no time to do it) one for parts, and one to restore (time problem again).

PatrickE
I have 3 for 1/3 acre, but next month we are buying a place with just over 1 acre, so I need to get some more tractors! That last 728 I bought, she TOLD me I should go back and get it before somebody else does! Go ahead and get it Rod.

HubbardRA
johnmonkey, I have the manual pages copied and lying in a folder here at home. Been so busy lately that I keep forgetting to mail it. The guy with the tractor lives on the Eastern Shore of MD across from Annapolis. I may take off Friday to go get the tractor. Any possibility I could meet you somewhere along 301 to give you the copies? Roy, I have been looking for a tiller at a good price, within driving distance for quite a while. Getting ready for retirement in 2 to 3 years. Want to move to a house with more land. Been looking at different areas, away from this high cost district.

ehertzfeld
I have 5.75 acres "well most of it is wet lands" I think I have .75 to 1 acre that is usable. I have 2 running Landlords, and 3 running Broadmoors. I have another Broadmoor for a restore job and one thats a part. I also have my wonder stick "thats apart" I have the kids dynamark and a toro that I stole the 8hp brigs out of. God my wife loves me!!!!! lol Oh did I ever mention that I only got into these tractors last september. Ive been busy havent I? lol Elon

HubbardRA
Got them today. I am going to reassemble the 7116. The tiller is of yet unknown origin. It is orange, but that is about all I know. Drive pulley is on right side of center drive unit instead of the left. Several pieces of the tractor mount appear to be missing. This one is going to take some engineering to hook up. By-the-way, the tiller is set up with its own clutch. Entire center drive assembly moves from front to back with a lever. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

toriuspendragon
I think all you guys have rubbed off on me. I've had a one track mind lately. All I can think of is what I got to do next. Then today I find out I will be getting another B tractor shortly. I got a call from a buddy saying there's a B (he's not sure if it's a B1, 10, or 12) sittin in some guys yard acting as an ornament about 5 miles from me. I think my boy and I are going for a ride tomorrow! By the end of the day I may go from 2 going on 3 to 4. Now all I got to do is find a place on this 1/2 acre city lot to put them.

MPH
Think you did good Rod. You guys make me feel all outta tractor-land proportion. Got 5.8 acers and only 4 running tractors, well, 5 if I count the Gilson. Worse yet, only have 2 non runners.