Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

Help…AC 720 Power Steering Retrofit…

Would a Vega power steering box fit as is? Or what’s it take to retrofit a 605 power steering box? Your advice will be most appreciated!

JP
Rumor has it, the Vega power steering is TOO big. I know of a few that have put the 605 in (not without lot's of metal work). When they were done, there was NO evidence of the modification!

AC808
What year were those boxes used in Vegas? I was looking at a PS box from a 6 series BMW, but i think its gonna be too big...Id like PS on my 912H since im going to be putitng a loader on it soon...

Not sure what years the Vega steering box arrived which were mostly manual. It appears that the GM Saginaw 605 box is the way to go. I do know where there is a Vega power box is but it's larger than the Vega manual box. You can locate many GM 605 boxes at salvage yards and relatively cheap. Will update as my research progresses.
quote:
Originally posted by AC808
What year were those boxes used in Vegas? I was looking at a PS box from a 6 series BMW, but i think its gonna be too big...Id like PS on my 912H since im going to be putitng a loader on it soon...

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• JohnMBerst
    • RayS
    • GregB
    • deebig
    • RickoHB212
    • MTopp
    • Mach1martysr
    • TomSchmit
    • SmilinSam
    • Md1227
    • gwiseman
    • Tom45
  • Today's Birthdays

1. littlefan
      littlefan
      (60 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 9 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts