Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

roadside find

toriuspendragon

I took a ride today with the kids to look for the Allis I was told about. I found it and it turned out to be a B207. I asked the poeple that have it what their intentions with it were. It seems to be complete. The grill was off it but in the shed. They were mowing with it and the deck belt gave out so he parked it, took the deck off and there it sits. I told them if they wanted to sell it to call me and the guy asked "what's it worth"? So I'm asking for some feedback. The seat is rotten and it has the typical rust from sitting outside. Would I be insulting to offer $50 to $75 for something that's just sitting around collecting dust that may not get used again? They told me they never thought about selling, didn't think anyone would want it.

Not too late for less offer. We haven't discussed a dollar amount yet. I was told it ran good but didn't try starting it. I have a feeling I caught them a little off guard. I told them I would give them a week to talk it over and decide if they wanted to part with it. I think they will let it go cheap just to get rid of it. The guy knows very little about it. One of their tennants left it behind.