Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Mack

Ohio Plowday

Mack
OK,here's a report on plowday. Conditions were not the best for plowing and I think everybody had some trouble with their plows clogging up with the wet sod.But I think everybody also had a very good time playing with working their equipment.

Ryan showed us how to plow the dead furrow. ;):D

Group picture.Roger and Sandy had to leave before we got this shot.

WITom
Thanks for the pics, Mack. Looks like you fellas had a good time - glad you didn't get rained out. I wondered off and on today if the plow day was going to happen. Wish I was closer and could have been there too! Tom

vfd702
We had a riot these two days. Thanks to Ryan for getting this going. Made some new friends and that is what it is all about. And also thanks to Kent and all who labor on this site. We wouldn't have had this fun without you people. ken

MDB
We all had a great time down at Ryans place today, made some new friends and got to play in the dirt...:D Thanks to Ryan for hosting this event and thankyou Mack for posting these pictures, they turned out a lot better than mine... Here are a few of them.

Guess this guy didn't know the difference between a plow and a tiller....;):D

jkmustang1
Kim and I had a great time Thanks Ryan Thanks Mike for delivering the 312H today Thanks to Ken ,Mike ,Charlie and the rest for the help mounting the lights on it. Rod they fit like a glove wiring to be done later. Charlie didn't do well with his cub. Never got to set up the plow broke a rolled pin in the lift handle. Got an aborted try in. Doesn't have the helper lift spring yet just got the plow not too long ago. Anyone have that and the bracket for a cub 1000? See some of you next week at Findlay.

Gary
I had a great time at the "Plow Day". Met some Club members, and got to see some more "Orange"...it doesn't get any better than this...until you factor in getting to plow! It's still pretty amazing what these little tractors can do. Thanks to Ryan for hosting this fun time event! He also supplied me with a pair of Ag tires (6.00 x 12), to put on my 710. The turf tires wouldn't cut it in the wet grass. Even those small Ag's made all the difference. I'll be lookin for a pair of 8.50s in the near future. Another Club member loaned me a pair of small weights for the small Ag tires. We put them on the land side. Still had to slide my wide frame onto the fender for traction, at times. Many thanks again!

BrownA
Thanks for the pictures. That looked like a great time. I look forward to the day that we have one up here in the northeast. I wish I was there. Good job and it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves.

Ryan
Thanks you fellows for coming to the event. I had a really good time plowing and some nice fellowship. I learned a lot from this event. I would like to do it again sometime. The ground will be worked down with a AC D-14 and a 10ft wheel disc.

Mack
Roy,That was CarlH's diesel and no it did not have a problem pulling a plow!We took the coulters off for awhile and he was plowing probably an inch or two deeper than the rest of us.Taking the coulters off solved the problem of the plows clogging with big chunks of sod.But the furrow walls were so jagged that the guy following had a very hard time making his pass.So we ended up putting them back on but raised them as high as we could.

CarlH
Nobody had a problem with having enough power. The real problem was traction. Gary was probably the least powered with his 710 and when we got some ag's with weigthts on it, he had more than enough power. Everyone should look at the pictures of it in his gallery. It is one of the nicest unrestored 700 AC's I have ever seen. Many thanks to Ryan for his fine hospitality.