Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help. My sunstar is sick

swood

Whenever I go to engage the pto, the rpm's bog way down, is there an electronic adjustement to keep idle up when pto is engaged. Tractor runs great but has no power when deck is engaged.. E mail me at setj@juno.com...Thank you Scott

Is the deck binding? Every time my arbors get loaded with tough weeds, a plastic bag, or a piece of rope my engine bogs down.

Has anybody worked on the engine before the problem started? I did some carb work on my D-A Ultima (Deutz version of the Sunstar) and the service manual described how to adjust the governor/throttle linkage. I remember reading how to adjust the linkage if the RPM's dropped too much when the pto was engaged. If it's had work done on it, perhaps the linkage is adjusted incorrectly. Another possibility is the governor spring being worn out or stretched - but I would think that would happen slowly over time and not something that suddenly happens. Tom

There is a thread where too low of an RPM might cause more damage then good. The only other thng I can think of is the correct governor to carb adjustment, to make sure governor is at its optimum. Go here........... http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35187