Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Please Help !!!

Kent

Following up on an earlier suggestion posted by Ford Hilton, there were many valuable questions & answers or problems & solutions posted to the old Yahoo forum.... Those will be "lost" at some point if they do not get moved to this one. I personally don't have the time to copy & paste them all here, nor can I easily extract them...

It would be very helpful to me if you could "filter" through that discussion and re-post both the question and answer or the problem and solution in this forum. We can then "preserve them for posterity."

Not only would they all then be in one place, but they would be "searchable" using this forum's Search function.... and they may spark further discussion.

Thanks for your help! I'm not overly concerned about how they may be formatted, just please post each topic as a new message, i.e. thread....

Thanks so very much for your help!

Kent[A href='http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/simplicityandacgardentractor']http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/simplicityandacgardentractor[/a]

... is there a time limit that I should know about? (It looks like it would take a while.) Do you want all, or am I to be selective in some way? (That's a can of worms; I'm sure to tick off someone.) And if I do it, I would ask that I not be helped unless or until I ask for it, so that the process doesn't (and I don't) get confused.
Fred

... all of the old stuff at the bottom of the current list, in order? Otherwise it will become mixed in with everything else, as I can't possibly move everything at once. Or is there a way to do that?
Fred

Fred,

Thanks for volunteering. I agree that if you're working on it, then no one else should be "mucking with it" at the same time.

As, far as I'm concerned you can use whatever "system" you'd like, and be selective. I know there was a lot of "chatter" at times that was not specific problems/solutions or questions/answers. It's those "technical things" that really need to get moved....

And, there's no time frame that I know of. As long as we keep showing traffic to/from the Yahoo site, I doubt if they'll delete it do to lack of use. If there was NO traffic on it, they probably would. But, because people are trying to join the club there, we're using for chat, and there's still some traffic into the discussion list, I think we're OK for a while at least....

Who knows what they do or why they do it -- I've yet to interact with a human at Yahoo....

These will go to the top of the list again. But, I don't foresee that as a problem. A lot of the newer folks have probably never seen them any way, since they were at the bottom of the old list....

But, you may want to put something like RP (for repeat post) or OLD at the beginning of the Subject line so that everyone can see that it's an old topic... It would look like:

RP: What's a source for AC yellow paint?
or
OLD: What's a source for AC yellow paint?

What do you think?