Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Engine and Car Show

UCD

I went to a Cars of YesterYear car & Old engine show just down the street from my house to day. I hooked the trailer to the HB-212 and loaded the HB116 in the trailer along with the canopy chairs and cooler and down the street I went. Here are a fer pictures I took of the enginges my two tractors and my friends home made Rumley Oil Pull garden tractor.

My friends home made Rumley Oil Pull garden tractor

I thought some might be interested in this. I owned this car for about 5 years and sold it to its present owner 6 years ago but it didn't look like this. It was basically a shell It is a 1948 English Ford Prefect It is the same car as the Ford Anglia but with 4 doors. The present owner Street roded it. It now has a Chevy 350 with all the goodies, 400 turbo tranny, 12 bolt rear end with 2:72 gears Pinto front end and 4 point ladder bar rear suspension. This is the first show it has been to and is only in white primer but still looks sharp. He promised me a ride in it 5 years ago but just got it on the road, If you punch it at 70 mph it will smoke the tires and gets real hairy.

Looks like a good way too spent an afternoon Maynard. I can see why it took 5 years before you got a ride in the '48 ford. Wicked looking machine there.

Neat Maynard. Did you get your ride at the end of the day? Our UPS lady has one looks like that 48 but 2 door. I love that Rumley, and the rest of those hit and miss engines totally intrigue me.