Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My first gear drive tractor PLUS, PLUS, etc.

Orange

Here are some pictures of my "new" Landlord 101. I got it as part of a pretty neat package deal. It came with a snowblower, 46" spring trip, angle set from seat blade, a very nice 42" mower deck, and a tiller with reduction pulley. I also got front and rear counter weights, chains, an extra front rim/tire, a set of rear rims and tires, an extra 10hp cast iron engine, a spare transaxle, and a box of rods, starter generators, spare parts, etc. The tractor has hydrolift and the high/lo pulley, but the rear end has major problems and the engine runs, but smokes. This is my first gear drive tractor and I'm pretty excited. The frame is also welded by the BGB, so hopefully I can clean that up so the high/lo pulley can go back on. Be prepared to get a lot of questions on "how to" for this old unit. It sure is neat to get the whole works at one time, maybe not as fun as hunting, but sure a heck of a lot easier. I tried to attach pictures of the implements and extras, but it said the files were too large, I even resized them down to 600x400 but no luck. Does anyone know the maximum KB size so a picture will fit? Thanks

It looked like you were from Wisconsin by looking at your corn.It seems a little behind mine but not by much.You got a good supply of stuff there.Hope you have a good time with it they are a lot of fun. Bob

Looks like all you need to do is open your tool box and get started, everything sure is there. You have a great start on that one it should come out nice. Good deal.

That looks like a great deal you have there! It looks like there is a lot of fun to be had with all that equipment. You have enough stuff to use your tractor all year long. You are not to far from me, maybe I can help you out.

Put in the spare transaxle, throw some rings in the engine and you're good for another 40 years. Nice find. Wish my tractors had come with all those attachments. Lot easier that way. Got four tractors but still lacking some of the attachments that you got with this deal. Congratulations!

Thats a good looking original machine, great to get all those attachments, sounds like it was very well equipped.

This was quite the complete package. I bought it from the son of the original owner who, do to age, could no longer use it. None of it has been used in about 6 years. It even came with all of owners manuals, a color 1966 Simplicity lineup brochure, and the original preoperation checklist that was attached to the lawnmower. The son of the original owner said that his father has run across an old AC and had taken it apart, keeping the parts he needed, which is why there are so many spare parts.

Great find, thanks for sharing. It reminds me of my 1968 Bolens 1050. It came with just about everything that you mentioned (except tiller)plow, mower, snow blower, grader blade, aerator, and all the manuals w original receipts etc. JH

Great score. If the welding and patching is a problem to fix, due to time and cost, get another chea doner and use the frame or side plates or whatevers needed. This will help with the overall cost and you can pick and chose from clean stock parts without all the rebuilding from someone elses modifications. Good luck, Dave.

Dave, You have a great idea . . . in theory. The problem is, once I get a "donor" tractor, it has a strange way of demanding attention of its own and coming back to life:D. If anyone in the twin cities area does have an old landlord or big ten laying around let me know, I'm not in a big hurry to get it going, but it can't hurt to get the parts now. Good advice Dave.

quote:
Originally posted by Orange
Dave, You have a great idea . . . in theory. The problem is, once I get a "donor" tractor, it has a strange way of demanding attention of its own and coming back to life:D. If anyone in the twin cities area does have an old landlord or big ten laying around let me know, I'm not in a big hurry to get it going, but it can't hurt to get the parts now. Good advice Dave.
I too seem to have that same problem. Most of the time I have enough parts to fix up one, so thats what I do. I think i have enough tractors now, so i'm trying to stop, but it's hard:)

It's hard to junk one, knowing there will be one less of these great machines. :) I have that problem too.