Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Where to find Center Arbor and Penncraft mower

Wphelps

I have been recently working on my 712H and the center arbor on the deck is really messed up now. I would like to know if I should buy this from simplicity or should I look for a good quality used part. I found spindles from a helpful member. If you have one for a 1690502 deck PM me please Also I know this is alittle off the normal discussion on here. my grandfather has a Penncraft 1419A 7hp 27" cut puny lawnmower. Reminds me of a lawn chair and a steering wheel put on a self propelled lawn mower. But after all the jokes are said about it. It is a very useful little mower. If anyone knows where to get parts for one of these it would be great. I need a transmission sprocket for it because the teeth have worn off. Or should I weld or should I try to find the sprocket. I know fix it right the first time but what if I can't find the part

If its the small sprocket on the outside of the tranny, take it to your local tractor supply and they can probably match one up for you.

It is not on the outside the part has many internal gears on it. I personally think I sould move the rear end sprocket allittle to the side and weld another sprocket on the tranny. but I am just trying to collect some opinions on this before I act

The center arbor should be available at Sandy Lake Imp or any other simplicity dealer. I have rebuilt 9 or 10 arbors so if you have any questions let me know. John H