Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
mgaiser

Simplicity 9020 Price?

mgaiser
A friend is selling a Simplicity 9020 (early 80's) and I really like the tractor, but am not sure what it is worth. It runs well, and the 60" deck is in great shape. He also has a 4' Bush Hog, and a 54" tiller for the rear. The tiller is in good to excellent condition. He wants me to make him an offer, but I can't find a single one of these things that is for sale on the internet or anywhere! I have called all kinds of dealers, and no one has any. I currently have a Sunstar and love it! I just figured this would increase my Simplicity portfolio. Can anyone help me with an average price for this thing? Thank you, -Matt Gaiser

UCD
$1,500 to $5,000 He is the one selling it tell him you would like him to set a price. If you feel real brave offer him $1500. You can alwas up it. If he don't like the offer he will make a counter offer. The attachments in good shape should be worth $500 each

goatfarmer
If he says "make an offer",offer $1.00 He should make a counteroffer,meet in the middle.I hate it when people expect me to set the price on something they're selling.Usually they want "just a little more",than you offered.

StanD
If this is indeed a late model 9020 & attachments are in above average condition it should be worth $3500.00-$4500.00. I will be offering a late model 9020 with Honda 24Hp repower, deck, & front blade with hitch & cylinder in the near future. I plan on asking $4500.00 This unit is repainted with new decals. StanD

Tacey
Timing means a lot in pricing. How bad does the seller want to move it? Sometimes a seller wants to just see what someone thinks it's worth. I had a nice '97 Landlord for sale three months ago. I set what was a very fair price. At that time, I got no takers. Tacey

mgaiser
Thank you to all for the input. I agree with thise if you who said that he should set the price... I think he didn't really know what the value was. I bought it today. It is a '73 model though, but it has a 60" center mower, 4' brush hog, 54" tiller, 5' rear blade, and a 3 point plow. The paint is original and in great shape, and I would rate all of the attachments as great - excellent condition. The tractor runs well, but it smokes and looses a little power when climcing a steep incline in 2 or 3 gear...:( I figure this winter will be a good time to replace the rings, and probably overhaul the motor... but other than that it is wonderful. I paid $2,600 for everything. I think I got a pretty fair deal... Thanks again for all of you who helped. -Matt Gaiser

MN_FISH
Congratulations on a great find and of course the BARGAIN price! Is it oil smoke or is it running way to rich. Maybe just a tune up will cure the loss of power? Have fun with it and work it hard.