Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hows pulling going for the rest of yall?

a7117puller

Well, pretty slow. One club has folded - can't afford the insurance, and the people who bought the sled are now even further from my home. The other club I ran the 7016 with lost the use of the city grounds where we had a pretty good track. The new track is useless, plus the powers that be there pretty much wrote a couple of us out of the rules. So goes grown men and competition. Whaaaa. Tim

Elkhart County pullers put on a grand show at Constantine Michigan the week before last. It started at 7PM and went on 'till midnight. The last class was modified all out. A great show. ... Huh? can't hear to well yet. Yes, had fun!

Do those Elkhart guys have a diesel or two running with the club? Do they also pull on pavement? I think I have seen video tape of them running. There were some hard running machines from the looks of it. Tim

So far It has been tough going. My grand son [7] took second at 550# his first ever pull and I struck out. Last weekend I did get second at 1050 with the 3410. I hope it gets better. On a up scale note everyone thinks the 3410 with the Dutch blade is just the best thing ever for track work during the pull both for the gardens and the full size tractors.I've had better luck with the big ones a first and a second in two pulls with the Oliver 77 at 5500#

We have not been hitting it as hard this year. But here are the stats. ACE (AC718)- 14 hooks, 4-1sts, 6-2nds, 2-3rds. DEUCE (AC917)- 14 hooks, 3-1sts, 2-2nds, 5-3rds We feel that this is a good record consideriing our stock tractors are typically pulling against higher hp Cubs. We pull DEUCE in the Stock Altered class so we do not compete against ourselves. And one of the clubs we pull with allow porting and polishing, valve shaving and head shaviing in their stock class, which ACE is in. We are lucky with have 4 different clubs in our area, we could go to 56 events if we want to and not travel more than 1-1/2 hours from home. [url="pop_download.asp?mode=Edit&dir=MikeES&file=11865"][img]images/disk.gif[/img][/url]