Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Loader install questions...WITH PICS!

AC808

Heres the first question...With the loader/tractor as shown would you be inclined to mount the back of the loader where it is now?

OR would you reposition it more the back of the tractor..? This was last installed on a Simplicity 7000 series. Im going to have to fab my own rear mount anyway. The front mount can only be moved another inch or 2, otherwise the hood wont open!

Let me know what you guys think.

I took a peek at my loaders. On my 2110 the Simplicity loader's main upright arms are located in nearly the same area you have yours positioned (middle or a bit nearer the front wheels). However, on the Sears Suburban, the main arms are very far back, as near to the rear tires as can be. There could be several explanations for the positioning based on the mechanics of each different loader and the tractor it's on. But, your loader looks like a Kuik way and is more like the Sears I own than the Simplicity. I am mounting a Sears loader on a 725 and am fabricating the mounts to sit the loader uprights as near to the rear wheels as possible and still be able open the hood. I'd think that's what I'd try to do if I were mounting your loader on your machine. In the end, you're going to be very happy having the loader operational. Good luck and let me know if I can send you any specific pictures.

The farther to the rear you mount it the more stable it will be when you pick up a load. If fab. is not an issue, change the hood to mayby a split top like the older B-series. If you get an extra hood, that could work out good. The loader looks great, can't wait to see it working.

Thanks guys...I was just looking in my parts bin and found just what i may be able to use to attach the mount to the frame...and still be able to steer! Should have more pics tomorrow!