Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Before And After

UCD

I did some cleaning up out back in the woods. This is what it was like when I started.

The is what it is like after I finished

The smaller trees left are of the size I was knocking over and shreading

These are the largest pieces left, I have not picked anything up or raked it

This is what I did it all with. My HB-212 with 48" deck with Gator blades. I pushed the brush and small trees over with the front of tractor. The ground is real soft and they went over easy. Then I went real slow over the trees shreading every thing up.

kinda looks like what kirk and elon helped me with about a month ago at the firehouse. these stories should be testamoneals for gator blades! Rob

Yeah, that's about what it was like as Rob said. I just ran everything over and shreaded it with the Gators. I've also halved a few peach sized rocks(though not on purpose...) and not had them bend or break. They needed a good sharpening and balancing after the rocks, though.....

whats wrong with that deck, no stripes:) that came out nice. i was contemplating how to clear some of my lot too. that looks like the way to go. i guess i don't need that expensive brush cutter.

I like your woods. One reason I fell in love with my B-1 years ago was I discovered it would mow anything I could get the front axle over.

Yes I did. The main reason I did it was to get rid of 3 to 6" of leaves on the ground. The soil is real soft mostly mulch like from years of decaying leaves so the small trees pushed over easiely pulling them out by the roots. I realize that the equipment I used was not ment for this job but what is a bush hog other than an oversized mower deck. You just have to go slow. As the old saying goes. ("give a lazy man a job and he will find an easy way to do it")

Do you think that could been done with a 725 ? Just asking out of curiosity. Right now I dont get to do that neet stuff with mine.