Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

42" Landlord deck on a 4211H?

wasmeneh

Is this a possibility? Saw a 42" deck off a Landlord Model 990314 on Ebay. I tried the "will it fit" section but can't quite figure it out. Thanks in advance Mike

The landlord is left discharge the 4211 is a right discharge. The land loard uses 3 belts to run the mower a pto belt, a belt from the pto to mower from the rear and a mower drive belt . The 4211 only uses 1 belt the mower drive belt goes to the motor pto pulley in front

Just a clarification, the 3300 series and earlier tractors used three belts as Maynard stated above. Those would be the PTO belt, cross drive belt and arbor belt. Starting with the 3400 series Simplicity went to the cone clutch and used only two belts, PTO and arbor drive belts. The arbor drive belt is the one inside the covers on the deck. Another thing to consider is the size of the pulley on the center arbor shaft. I believe that the earlier decks used a smaller pulley but that in the 70's OSHA required lower blade tip speeds. Maybe there is also a slight size difference between early PTO pulleys and the ones found on cone clutches. I recall reading something about it somewhere but can't recall the details. Can anyone help me out here???

Thanks all, I know it was wishfull thinking a full roller deck for sale in my home state, NC. Mike

Mike,When I had my 4211 I did a little research on mounting a larger deck on it..I don't remember now what all had to be done (I think it was something with the PTO linkage rod) but I did find that a 42in deck from a 5216 was very close to the same set up...I never did go though with the project but I have since heard of a couple people that have done it... Maybe you need to find a 5000 series parts machine...

It's not the larger deck I'm looking for but the full width rear roller, I like the cut better and the look.

I am not 100% shure of this but you might be able to use a 42" deck from a 6000 series. MFG#'s 1690210, 1690273, 1977/78 They are right discharge, full roller. designed to be driven from the front with seperate belt.(PTO belt, Has seperate arbor drive belt) You would need a seperate belt from the engine to the mower driven pulley (PTO belt) The newer decks from 6100 6200 6500 will not work as the arbors are driven by belt directly off from engine same as the 4000 5000 series.

Yes the rollers was part of what I wanted on my 4211 as well...UCD brought up a good point about the 6000 series deck..I think the 6008/6010 was bassically the same tractor as well as the 4000 series... Another thought I had was that the newer (late 90's I think) Regents had used the same deck as far as I could tell as the old 4211 did and there was so many people wanting the full roller that Simplicity made a kit for the deck to use a full roller...Although I am not sure but it might have been a 38 inch deck instead of the 36 inch that the 4200's use...Maybe one of the new decks from the Regents would hook up to it as well..

It would be real neet if the full roller kit could be adapted for the 36" 4211 deck. I like the deck size, my yard's not that big and I have a blower unit for the discharge chute that attaches to a cart. It picks up pinestraw pretty good. I don't pick up clipings until about now when the pine straw starts to fall and then I have to.

I just bought a new set of rollers and shaft for a 42" deck today from the dealer, about $100 for the support shaft and rollers. The shaft was about $50 and the set of rollers(2 short and 3 long) was about another $50. Perhaps you could put something like that on the other deck with a little fabrication? I plan on trying to revamp the old set so it will ride about 1" lower by adding to or just fabricating longer adjuster bars. One of the most common complaints about the Simplicity decks is that they don't adjust high enough, especially in the later part of summer when you want to keep the grass a bit longer due to the heat and less rain. If it works, it's a simple matter to unbolt the two adjuster bars from the deck and replace the entire roller shaft assembly. We'll see how it works out........

Yes the 42" deck with full width rollers off the 6000 series will fit and it will run good. Ran the same setup for almost a year and cut ALOT of weeds that were taller than the tractor. The only thing you will have to do is pick up the right hand attachment lift lever, just makes it alot easier to lift this larger deck.