Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Front Attachments 7000 7100

cwm1276

What is different with the front attachments between the 7000 and 7100 series tractors. I thought the only difference was the front frame length so do I just need different lift rods. Also I know the 7000 snowblower ran off the front PTO and the 7100 ran off the center PTO. Thanks Guys

The 7000 hitch has 2 pulleys (one spring loaded) because the belt runs off the front PTO. The 7100 hitch only has 1 pulley because the belt runs off the center PTO. The 7100 center PTO swing arm is different. It has 2 ears on the swing arm so the belt can be moved for mower or snowthrower operation. Also one of the center PTO idler pulleys is mounted to a stationary frame bracket, where both idler pulleys are mounted to the swing arm on the 7000.

There is no difference in the attachments. As Dutch stated the difference is in the hitch. Same for the large frame tractor models older than the 7000 Simplicity and 700 Allis Chalmers series all the way back to the first 700 Simplicity and Allis Chalmers B-1. With the correct hitch the only other thing that might have to be changed is the driven pulley to get the correct operating speed.

The difference in length is the frame over front axel & from the BGB back. The wheel base on my HB-116/112 and HB-212's is the same as my 7100/7790. The difference in length is the length of the hood/grill over the front axel The wheel base on the older tractors with out variable/shuttle/hydro transmission are a shorter wheel base. The distance from lift point to hitch is the same the other factor is the hitch old style pre 3300 series & new style 3300/700 and up The lift arm on hitch on newer style is straight up and old style is laid back toward tractor. The lift rods for newer style are adjustable with a sliding sleeve. those are the basic differences.